BARCStoberfest 5K and 1M Walk
5K RUN INFORMATION
Run/walk as a team with a four-legged buddy, just as yourself or with your fundraising teammates. Runners must first register through Charm City Run. In your confirmation email, you will be prompted to sign-up for our peer-to-peer fundraising module to help us reach our $300,000 event goal. We hope you'll take part in the fun! Every step that’s taken, every dollar that’s raised saves a life at BARCS. All money raised from BARCStoberfest goes directly to care for the over 11,000 animals who come to BARCS each year.
ONE-MILE WALK INFORMATION
Those who wish to participate in the BARCStoberfest one-mile walk can register by creating a personal (or team) fundraising page, and collect at least $40 in donations. Walkers receive an ultra-soft T-shirt, a doggie banadana, free entry to our dog-friendly beer garden and e-coupons to local pet stores and businesses. Starting a fundraising page is easy...AND LIFESAVING! Each dollar you raise will feed, shelter and provide care for homeless animals in Baltimore City. Ask your friends and family to support your steps while you walk for the animals--and give your pup some great exercise in beautiful Patterson Park! ***Please be sure to raise/donate your $40 participation minimum by the time you come to get your shirt and "race" bib, whether that is Friday evening at Charm City Run or at Patterson Park on race day.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 7:30 a.m. Packet pick-up and race-day registration
- 9 a.m. 5K Run and One-Mile Walk
- 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. BARCStoberfest
The BARCStoberfest 5k runs through beautiful Patterson Park, pavement course. The race kicks off at Pavilion 1. New this year: All 5k registrants will receive complimentary chip timing!
Medals will be given to the top three male and female finishers and the top three human/dog teams in the 5K. Prizes will be given to top runners (male, female and human/dog team), the top individual fundraiser and the top pack team fundraiser.
POST- RACE PARTY
Food, water and entertainment will be available for runners, walkers, pets and their families. Post-race festival includes pet costume contests, shopping at a variety of food and retail vendors, animal rescues, face painting and more. And all runners and walkers receive free entry into the beer garden, which is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
5K RACE GUIDELINES
You must register one human per dog! No retractable leashes can be used during the event. Please no baby joggers, strollers, roller blades, skates, bikes, or headphones allowed on the race course. Your race number must be worn on your front and must be visible. DO NOT exchange or give your race number to another participant. There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
We are so excited to have our race/walk integrated with fundraising this year. Every step that’s taken, every dollar that’s raised saves a life at BARCS. Click here to start fundraising!
- 5K Runners: $40 online ($45 in-person after Tuesday, October 23, 2018) Click here to register!
- One-Mile Walkers: Raise or donate at least $40 on your personal fundraising page and you are automatically signed-up to participate in the walk!
- *This fee is not tax deductible. There are no refunds of entry given or transfers of entry permitted for this event.
- Thursday, October 25 from 5 - 8 p.m. at Monument City Brewing. All runners and walkers will receive one free beer!
- Friday, October 26 from 4 - 7 p.m. at Charm City Run McHenry Row
- Saturday, October 27 from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. **Please note that race-day pick-up will close promptly at 8:30 a.m. To avoid long lines at BARCStoberfest, we encourage all runners and walkers to pick up on Thursday or Friday at one of the above venues.**
All race participants are encouraged to fundraise by setting up your own fundraising page before or at the conclusion of your registration process. You can run/walk and raise money as an individual or as a 'Pack' team!