BARCStoberfest Day-Of Schedule
- 7:30 AM: Registration/check-in opens for Ready, Set…SNIFF! 5K Run and 1-Mile Walk
- 9:00 AM: Ready, Set…SNIFF! 5K Run and 1-Mile Walk begins
- 9:30 AM: BARCStoberfest festival opens (beer garden, food trucks, vendors, etc.)
- 10:00 AM: 5K winners announced (main stage)
- 11:00 AM: Downward Dog Yoga with Marissa Walch
- 12:00 PM: Howl-o-Ween Pet Costume Contests (main stage)
- 1:00 PM: Raffle basket winners announced (winners must be present to win)
- 2:00 PM: BARCStoberfest concludes
- 3:00 PM: Beer garden closes
Festival Activities Include:
Ready, Set…SNIFF! 5K Run
Run/walk as a team with a four-legged buddy, just as yourself or with your fundraising teammates. We are so excited to have our race/walk integrated with fundraising this year. Every step that’s taken, every dollar that’s raised saves a life at BARCS. Registration and check-in opens at 7:30 a.m. with race time at 9 a.m. And all race participants receive free entry into our dog-friendly beer garden!
We are so excited to have our race/walk integrated with our fundraising efforts. Every step that’s taken, every dollar that’s raised saves a life at BARCS. Whether you've run the race before, or you are new to our event, the participation format has changed a bit, to help us reach our $250,000 goal. You will be prompted to sign-up for our peer-to-peer fundraising module in your race registration confirmation email. We hope you'll take part in the fun! All money raised from BARCStoberfest goes directly to care for the over 12,000 animals who come to BARCS each year.
Register Here | Invite Friends Through Facebook
Ready, Set...SNIFF! One-Mile Walk
Those who wish to participate in the one-mile walk portion of Ready, Set...SNIFF! can register by creating a personal (or team) fundraising page, and collect at least $40 in donations. Walkers receive an ultra-soft t-shirt, a doggie banadana, free entry to our dog-friendly beer garden and e-coupons to local pet stores and businesses. Starting a fundraising page is easy...AND LIFESAVING! Each dollar you raise will feed, shelter and provide care for homeless animals in Baltimore City. Ask your friends and family to support your steps while you walk for the animals--and give your pup some great exercise in beautiful Patterson Park! ***Please be sure to raise/donate your $40 participation minimum by the time you come to get your shirt and "race" bib, whether that is Friday evening at Charm City Run or at Patterson Park on race day.
Register Here | Invite Friends Through Facebook
Dog-Friendly Beer (Wine and Cocktail!) Garden with Live Music
Drink local, craft beers, wine and cocktails with your pup by your side, all while overlooking Baltimore's best view of the city! Admission to the beer garden is $10 per person. Those who have raised $40 or more for BARCStoberfest (this includes those who have pre-registered for our 5K race) will receive free admission to the beer garden and a souvenir cup.
Note, dogs are allowed in the beer garden, but only one dog per person and NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES. We want the beer garden to be a safe, enjoyable time for everyone, canines included. We therefore reserve the right to ask guests with unruly or disruptive dogs to leave the beer garden area. Same holds true for unruly or disruptive guests. Drinks available from:
Monument City Brewing (100% of sales to BARCS)
BSSC (Miller Lite with 100% of sales to BARCS)
Tito's Handmade Vodka (cocktails with 100% of sales to BARCS)
New Liberty Distillery (hot spiked cider with 100% of sales to BARCS)
Full Tilt Brewing (portion of sales to BARCS)
Union Craft Brewing (portion of sales to BARCS)
Key Brewing (portion of sales to BARCS)
Love Happiness Sangria (wine with portion of sales to BARCS)
Big thanks to the Baltimore City Sheriff's Office for providing the security!
Downward Dog Yoga with Marissa Walch
Join us for Downward Dog Yoga with Marissa Walch at the 13th annual BARCStoberfest festival in Patterson Park. Registration table opens at 10:30 a.m. and yoga begins at 11 a.m. $10 per participant.
Please bring your own yoga mat or a towel. We will be in the grass! Feel free to bring your old yoga mats - and when you're done, leave them behind - we'll use them for the shelter pets :)
Leashed dogs are welcome to attend with participants. One dog per participant, and please be prepared to keep a close eye on your furry friend - rather than your perfect balance! Participants without pups are welcome, too!
- “PawsPort” scavenger hunt through the festival, great for all ages (FREE)
- Making fuzzy spider cat toys to take home or for shelter cats (FREE)
- Adopt a plushy dog or cat, adoption class with toy (name-your-own donation, suggested $5)
Howl-o-Ween Pet Costume Contest
Unleash your creativity and celebrate Halloween by entering your pet in our popular Howl-O-Ween Pet Costume Contests at BARCStoberfest. Entry for each contest is $10 and registration is held at the festival. The contest is judged by local, animal-loving BARCS VIPs. Prizes, courtesy of Pet Valu, are awarded to the top three costumes in the following categories:
- Best Baltimore theme
- Best group or pair (human/pet)
- Best Halloween theme
Food Vendors and Trucks
We are super excited about our lineup of yummy, local, diverse (vegetarian and vegan friendly) group of food vendors for this year's festival! Check them out here.
Other Fun, Free, Festival Activities
- Shopping Market
- BARCS Adoptable Pets and Local Rescue Groups
- Free Pet-Friendly Photo Booth
- Agility Course
- Pawsport Kids Tent (face painting, coloring, scavenger hunt, making cat toys and bandannas)
- BARCS Bake Sale and Raffles
Free street parking is available on all streets surrounding Patterson Park, unless otherwise indicated. See our event map for best areas to park for the 5K run and 1-Mile walk, along with the festival.
Prizes and Incentives
Register for the 5K or raise $40 or more on the BARCStoberfest website and you’ll receive a sporty, ultra-soft, performance style BARCStoberfest t-shirt, the 2017 dog bandanna and free admission to the beer (and wine!) garden!
We have prizes for the top individual fundraisers! We’ll be awarding prizes to the top ten fundraisers (team members are also eligible to win). The top overall fundraiser gets first choice, the second top fundraiser gets second choice, etc.
· Two tickets to the opening night of AN AMERICAN IN PARIS on May 1 at the Hippodrome
· Two front row seats to Brian Setzer at the Warner Theatre on November 25 seats (pit, row AA)
· Two Ravens tickets vs. the Colts (section 139), Saturday, 12/23 (with a parking pass)
· 5-class pass to REV Cycle Studio
· One month membership to CrossFit Federal Hill
· Overnight stay for two at Hotel Monaco
· Two passes to the Aquarium
· Day of beauty for two at Aveda
· BARCS gift pack – BARCS t-shirt of your choice, BARCS deck of cards, BARCS baseball cap and 2018 Orioles pet calendar
· Plush dog bed (choice of size) and three bottles joint health supplements for your dog
And we have prizes for the top teams! We’ll be awarding prizes to the top three fundraising teams (team members are also eligible to win individual prizes). The top fundraising team gets first choice, the second team gets second choice, etc.
· Team outing at the Lock N’ Key Escape Room in Baltimore. Your entire team will enjoy a head-to-head mini-tournament package
· $100 bar tab at Leinenkugel's Beer Garden in Baltimore
· Pizza party! Free pizza for each team member at Baltimore’s &Pizza (25 people max)
Prizes for the top 5K runners
Top male runners:
· 1st - $100 gift card to Charm City Run
· 2nd - $50 gift card to World of Beer Towson
· 3rd - $25 gift card to Dogwatch Tavern
Top female runners:
· 1st – $100 gift card to Safeway
· 2nd - $50 gift card to Charm City Run
· 3rd - $25 gift card to Papi's/Wicked Sisters/Alexander's/Huck's (can be used at any location)
Top human/dog teams:
· 1st – $100 gift card to Safeway
· 2nd – Bark! doggie gift basket and $50 gift card to Boathouse Canton
· 3rd – Two bottles joint health supplements for your dog, plus $20 Petco gift card